- HVAC Controls Technician
- Go to our website »
HVAC Controls Technician
Trades & Operations
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The HVAC Controls Technician will be responsible for the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems and building management systems. Focus is installing, integrating and maintaining the systems that keep university buildings safe, comfortable, productive and energy efficient.
Conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning and general servicing of systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface.
- Must be able to work assignments from oral instructions, written instructions, sketches, blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Works in accordance with the standard practices of the HVAC/controls trade, and in accordance with the industry standards.
- Performs various types of controls based work in the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of HVAC, BMS and energy management systems.
- Works in support of other department trades, and performs other duties as required.
- Maintain records, stock lists and department inventory records and stock.
- Obtains permits on behalf of the University, as required.
- Maintains safe workplace and follows necessary safety requirements of the University.
- Plans and lays out jobs, orders and maintains stock.
- Have the ability to design, install and operate building automation software and controls.
- Create and interpret point-to-point checkout, startup, and commissioning on assigned projects.
- Utilize hand tools, laptop, and test equipment on site.
- Analyze problems and resolve issues to ensure overall system functions properly.
- Performs maintenance on mechanical systems, HVAC components and automated process controls.
- Perform diagnostics on automation system, process controls, mechanical devices, electrical systems and components.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Provides technical support, and direction to end-users and employees when applicable.
- Competent computer skills such as e-mail, web searches, and ability to learn new applications. Work order processing through a maintenance management system (currently SchoolDude). Record time in Workday digital employee management system.
- Must exhibit and maintain a customer service focus to command satisfaction.
- High School, Trade or Vocational school degree or equivalent required with five years of industrial experience. Technical licensing in electrical or HVAC preferred
- Must be willing to advance trade knowledge and/or skill level through continuing education when required. Must attend required safety and equipment training.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must have demonstrated ability and skill at reading sketches, blueprints and electrical wiring diagrams.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently move, transport, install, or remove items up to 50 pounds; they must frequently use their hands to finger, or feel while operating, activating, using, preparing, inspecting, or positioning various equipment or objects required to perform the job.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, move, and traverse. The employee is frequently required to ascend/descend, work atop, and traverse while performing essential job duties. The employee is also frequently required to sit in a stationary position, or move to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
- This position's work week consists of 5 consecutive 8 hour days. Days consist of Monday thru Friday from 7:00 PM to 3:30 PM.
- Must be available to work overtime as needed for afterhours call-in and be available in support of University events as needed.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/HVAC-Controls-Technician_R0000611
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency